Provide a QR code for SAML authentication log in with a hostname
If your organization uses SAML authentication and Splunk Secure Gateway, your users can scan a QR code complete the hostname field when logging in to a Splunk platform instance from a Connected Experiences app.
The following are requirements for hostname log in:
- Use Splunk Cloud Platform.
- Set up SAML authentication. See Set up SAML authentication for Splunk Secure Gateway.
- Your Splunk platform meets the Splunk Secure Gateway requirements. See Get started with Splunk Secure Gateway to learn what the requirements are.
- Have the admin or sc_admin role to access the QR code.
- Have Connected Experiences app users to distribute the QR code to.
To get a QR code for your Splunk platform instance, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the Administration tab in Splunk Secure Gateway.
- Download the QR code.
- Distribute the QR code to your users.
For user log in steps, see Log in if your organization uses an SSO provider in the Use Splunk Secure Gateway manual.
Configure a securegateway.conf file
Select a Spacebridge location
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Secure Gateway: 2.8.4 Cloud only, 2.9.1 Cloud only, 2.9.3 Cloud only, 2.9.4 Cloud only, 3.0.9, 3.1.2 Cloud only, 3.2.0 Cloud only, 3.3.0 Cloud only, 3.4.251