Splunk 5.0.8 was released on March 24, 2014.
The following issues have been resolved in 5.0.8.
- When a chart displays an "OTHER" bucket of values, drilling down into it adds
myfield="OTHER"to the search string. (SPL-30399).
Integrated PDF generation issues
- PDF generation fails when dashboards include HTML (SPL-75106).
Distributed deployment, forwarder, and deployment server issues
- You can't use Manager to specify an app for deployment server to deploy, you can only specify server classes. (SPL-29903)
Search, saved search, alerting, scheduling, and job management issues
- Splunk does not correctly show results for header "X event(s)" in translation. (SPL-65802)
- Too much memory used when searches are run with
detachset to "false". (SPL-79219)
- SplunkWeb may hang because the low number of default page chunks does not accommodate a large number of Python Collection Manager requests. (SPL-55926)
outputcsvdoes not automatically append
.csvsuffix to files larger than 35mb. (SPL-77367)
- Invalid XML is produced when the UI Export button is used to export results to XML. (SPL-75795)(SPL-79832)
- Search assistant does not recognize
searchable.confin other apps. (SPL-74009)
- In the report builder, the Chart Type list does not reflect every attribute that is present when you use the Visualization list to create or edit a dashboard panel. (SPL-72942)
- In the Report Builder, the list of enabled chart types is incorrect for commands such as
- On instances that perform as search-heads and indexers, splunkd occasionally hangs and stops responding to new REST API requests such as the ones initiated when a new search starts. (SPL-79542)
- When using multi-key values at search time, memory usage of splunkd expands excessively until splunkd crashes. (SPL-62204)(SPL-80722)
- When a search has a high number of results, an invalid XML is produced if you use the UI export button to export results to XML. (SPL-75795)
-output csvis used in the CLI, splunkd displays the following message in splunkd.log:
WARN DispatchSearch - The following arguments were unknown or had no effect: 'count'. (SPL-78056)
- Unable to delete user-seed.conf after initial installation. (SPL-71480)
- In some circumstances, when SplunkWeb is stopped, it fails to start again with message
ERROR (The http port  is already bound)until Windows is restarted. (SPL-79244)
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 5.0.8, 5.0.9, 5.0.10, 5.0.11, 5.0.12, 5.0.13, 5.0.14, 5.0.15, 5.0.16, 5.0.17, 5.0.18