Convert a Simple XML dashboard to a Dashboard Studio dashboard
Many of your existing Simple XML dashboards can be converted and edited in the Splunk Dashboard Studio. If there are elements in your dashboard that are not supported in the new framework, you might not see the unsupported element in the new dashboard, or an error message will appear when you attempt to convert your dashboard.
Export your dashboard using the following procedure:
- Select a dashboard from the dashboards listing page.
- Click the ellipses ( ... ) and select Clone in Dashboard Studio if the option is available.
The dashboard is cloned in the Splunk Dashboard Studio. You will not lose the original dashboard.
- (Optional) Click Edit to edit your dashboard.
If you're using the absolute layout and the aspect ratio of your cloned dashboard is inaccurate, use your mouse or the manual fields on the Configuration panel to resize the dashboard on the canvas grid.
- Name your dashboard.
- (Optional) Access the source editor.
To access the source editor, click the source icon in the editing toolbar ().
The source editor window shows the JSON source code, which is translated from the Simple XML of the initial dashboard. The source code corresponds to the elements on your dashboard and any queries will now be a part of a data source. For more information on using the source editor, see Source code editor.
- Click Save to save your dashboard and choose whether to share the dashboard with others in the app or keep it private.
Compare absolute and grid layouts
Migrate your dashboards and delete the Splunk Dashboards app (beta)
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2, 9.0.3