Add an image
If you have the correct permissions you can add custom images to your dashboard panels, or to use as a dashboard background.
- You can add a local image or link to an image URL if you are using the absolute layout. You cannot add a image if you are using the grid layout.
- When you upload an image, it is stored in the KV store. Because of this, only Enterprise admins, Cloud sc_admins, and power users can upload or delete images. If you don't have the correct role assigned to upload images, you can ask someone with the correct role to add it for you.
- The following formats are supported: png, jpeg, gif, and webp.
- Users with any permission set or role can add an image to their dashboard by referencing a URL.
- Images you reference using a URL cannot be downloaded. To ensure these images render, save them to a local directory and upload them to your dashboard if you have the correct permissions.
Steps to add an image
- Select the text box using the visual editor by clicking the Add Image button ( ) in the editing toolbar.
- Add an image using one of the following methods:
- Enter a URL for your image in the Enter URL field.
- Drag and drop a local image.
- Click browse... and navigate to your image.
If you use a URL to generate an image, the image will update upon a refresh or restart of Splunk Web.
Images might take a while to render. The current size limit to upload an image to the KV store is 16MB.
Configuration Panel options for images
Position & Size
You can use your mouse to change the size or location of the visualization, or the Position & Size section of the Configuration panel for pixel perfect sizing and placement.
Specify a URL to go to when a user clicks the image.
Source options for images
The following options are available for editing an image in the source editor:
|src||string||N/A||URL of an image file. The editor accepts all browser-supported image formats.|
|preserveAspectRatio||boolean||false||Set to |
Add and format shapes and other visualizations
Add a custom icon
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud Platform™: 8.1.2103, 8.2.2105 (latest FedRAMP release), 8.2.2106, 8.2.2107