Display dashboards using Splunk TV
You can display and browse dashboards on an Apple TV by favorites, recently viewed, and by Splunk apps using Splunk TV. You can also favorite dashboards and display panels in a slideshow view.
Splunk TV does not support all Splunk visualizations. See Visualization support in the Splunk Cloud Gateway Release Notes manual for supported and unsupported visualizations.
- Splunk Cloud Gateway is installed on your Splunk Enterprise search head.
- Splunk TV is enabled in the Configure tab of Splunk Cloud Gateway by an admin. See the Install and Administer Splunk Cloud Gateway manual.
- The appropriate user permissions are configured by an admin.
- Register your TV with Splunk Cloud Gateway.
- Have existing dashboards in Splunk Enterprise. For optimal dashboard display, limit dashboard size to a 3x3 grid. You may have to clone a dashboard for it to be compatible with Splunk TV. For more information on creating dashboards, see Create dashboards and panels.
- In Splunk TV on your Apple TV, browse dashboards by favorites, recently viewed, or Splunk on-premise apps on the homepage.
Or, search for a dashboard by scrolling down and selecting the search icon.
- Select a dashboard to view it.
On your Apple TV, you can display and organize dashboards in various ways as described in the following table:
To remove a dashboard from your favorites, select the dashboard you want to remove and click the star again.
|Focus on panels||
|Use slideshow view||
Each panel shows for 10 seconds. You can also swipe, play, and pause.
Follow these steps to change the slideshow speed:
Download Splunk TV
Create and edit dashboard groups
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® TV for Apple TV: 1.1.0, 1.2.0, 1.2.1