ESXi Hosts Task Overview
Look at this dashboard to get insights into the state of your virtual environment.
- Get a quick view of the state of your host system, getting visibility into the tasks performed on the hosts and the related virtual machines.
- Identify the root cause of issues on the host. Look down the list of tasks to see if there are any anomalies in your environment.
Use the search bar and menu tree on the dashboard to select the hosts or virtual machines you want to display. The search bar allows you to make a single selection. The menu tree supports multiple selction of hosts and virtual machines.
You can filter the data displayed based on:
- User. Search for a specific message relating to a user.
- State. This is the error state.
- Description. Enter a value in this field to create a results table listing the details for the hosts that have messages that match your search criteria. The search looks in the error messages returned in the syslog data for the word you entered.
The source type
vmware:tasks must be present for this dashboard to work correctly.
vCenter Log Browser
Task and Event Details
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for VMware: 3.4.1, 3.4.2, 3.4.3, 3.4.4, 3.4.5, 3.4.7, 4.0.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.3