Configure data collection for hosts
Splunk App for VMware automatically detects newly added hosts in vCenter Server. Use allowlists and blocklists to specify the hosts from which to collect data.
- On the Collection Configuration dashboard, in the Virtual Centers panel, click the pencil icon.
- Select the Collect from all hosts check box to disable data collection from all hosts.
- Select the check box for individual hosts from which you want to collect data.
- Use the whitelist and blacklist fields to define your data collection. Use regular expressions to filter your data collection. For example, if you have four hosts called host01.company.com, host02.company.com, host03.company.com, and host04.company.com, and you want to collect data from host01 and host02 only, in Host whitelist Regex, enter the following regular expression:
- Click Save.
- Click the magnifying glass next to hosts to verify that the correct hosts are in the data collection configuration and the Excluded Hosts list.
- Click Close.
Configure performance metrics collection
Add, edit, and delete threshold settings
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for VMware (Legacy): 4.0.4