Learn more and how to get help
Get support for Splunk App for VMware
Learn about Splunk Enterprise
The following resources are available for Splunk Enterprise.
Recommended reading for Splunk Enterprise
To get started with Splunk Enterprise, see the "Search Tutorial."
The following topics contain basic information about Splunk Enterprise.
- "Apps and add-ons: an introduction" in Developing Views and Apps for Splunk Web.
- "Indexes, indexers, and clusters" in Managing Indexers and Clusters.
- "What Splunk Enterprise can index" in Splunk Enterprise Getting Data In.
- "About default fields (host, source, sourcetype, and more) " in Splunk Enterprise Getting Data In.
- "Search Command Cheat Sheet and Splunk Enterprise Quick Reference Guide " in the Splunk Enterprise Search Reference.
To learn more about using Splunk apps in a virtualized environment, see Virtualization Monitoring.
Configure and deploy the Splunk App for VMware
Set up a data collection node
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for VMware (Legacy): 4.0.4