Insert an asset ID as a form input in Splunk AR
Use a token in a form input with Splunk AR to use an asset ID in other AR workspaces and Splunk dashboards. To learn more about tokens in form inputs, see Tokens in form inputs in the Splunk Enterprise Dashboards and Visualizations manual.
You must use a text form input in Splunk AR. When you scan an asset, Splunk AR replaces the input with the asset ID. You can then use the token for other queries in Splunk AR.
Complete the following requirements before inserting an asset ID as a form input in Splunk AR:
- Install Splunk Cloud Gateway on your Splunk Enterprise search head.
- You have the appropriate user permissions.
- Have compatible dashboards on your Splunk Enterprise instance. See Visualization support for the Connected Experiences apps in the Splunk Cloud Gateway Release Notes manual for more information about compatible visualizations.
- Have compatible asset tags. See About asset tags with Splunk AR.
- In Splunk Web, create a dashboard with a text form input.
- Name the token for the form input
- In Splunk AR, register an asset.
See Register assets in Splunk AR to learn how to register an asset.
- Associate the dashboard with the form input to the asset.
When you scan the asset, Splunk AR provides the asset ID in the form input dashboard. You can now reference this asset ID in other searches.
Associate objects with dashboards in Splunk Cloud Gateway with asset tags
About beacons with Splunk AR
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® AR for iOS: 1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.3, 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.5.0, 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.2.0, 2.3.0, 2.4.1, 2.5.0