Hardware and software requirements for the Splunk Add-on for AWS
AWS account prerequisites
- A valid AWS account with permissions to configure the AWS services the provide your data.
- Permission to create IAM roles and users. This lets you set up accounts or EC2 IAM roles with the ability to collect data from your AWS services.
AWS region limitations
The Splunk Add-on for AWS supports all regions offered by AWS.
In the AWS China region, the add-on only supports the services that AWS supports in that region. The AWS China region does not support Config Rules, Inspector, CloudWatch Logs, or CloudFront services. It does not offer CloudWatch metrics for ELB logs. For an up-to-date list of what products and services are supported in this region, see http://www.amazonaws.cn/en/products/.
In the AWS GovCloud region, the add-on only supports the services that AWS supports in that region. The AWS GovCloud region does not support Config Rules, Inspector, or Kinesis. For an up-to-date list of what services and endpoints are supported in this region, see the AWS documentation: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/govcloud-us/latest/UserGuide/using-services.html.
Network configuration requirements
The Splunk Add-on for AWS makes REST API calls using HTTPS on port 443.
Splunk platform requirements
All Splunk platform requirements apply to the Splunk software that you use to run this add-on.
- To run this add-on entirely in Splunk Cloud, there are no additional Splunk platform requirements.
- To manage on-premises heavy forwarders to get data in to Splunk Cloud, see System Requirements in the Installation Manual in the Splunk Enterprise documentation, which includes information about forwarders.
- To run this add-on in an on-premises deployment of the Splunk platform, see System Requirements in the Installation Manual in the Splunk Enterprise documentation.
- To run this add-on in a self-managed AWS instance, there are no additional requirements. Refer to the Virtual hardware information for sizing considerations specific to AWS.
For information about installation locations and environments, see Install the Splunk Add-on for AWS.
Installation and configuration overview for the Splunk Add-on for AWS
Sizing, performance, and cost considerations for the Splunk Add-on for AWS
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released