Hardware and software requirements for the Splunk Add-on for AWS
To install and configure the Splunk Add-on for Amazon Web Services (AWS), you must have
sc_admin role permissions.
AWS account prerequisites
In order to set up your AWS configuration to work with your Splunk Platform deployment, make sure you have the following AWS account privileges:
- A valid AWS account with permissions to configure the AWS services that provide your data.
- Permission to create IAM roles and users. This lets you set up accounts or EC2 IAM roles with the ability to collect data from your AWS services.
AWS region limitations
The Splunk Add-on for AWS supports all services offered by AWS in each region. To learn which geographic regions around the world support which AWS services, see the region table on the AWS global infrastructure page.
In the AWS China region, the add-on only supports the services that AWS supports in that region. For an up-to-date list of what products and services are supported in this region, see the AWS Products page.
For an up-to-date list of what services and endpoints are supported in AWS GovCloud region, see the AWS documentation: Services in AWS GovCloud (US) Regions.
Network configuration requirements
The Splunk Add-on for AWS makes REST API calls using HTTPS on port 443. Note that data inputs for this add-on use large amounts of memory. See Performance Reference for the Splunk Add-on for AWS data inputs for more information.
Splunk platform requirements
There are no Splunk platform requirements specific to the Splunk Add-on for AWS.
- To manage on-premise heavy forwarders to get data into Splunk Cloud, see System Requirements in the Installation Manual in the Splunk Enterprise documentation, which includes information about forwarders.
- To run this add-on in an on-premises deployment of Splunk Enterprise, see System Requirements in the Installation Manual in the Splunk Enterprise documentation.
- To run this add-on in a self-managed AWS instance, there are no additional requirements. See the Splunk Enterprise, self-managed in the cloud page for more information on sizing considerations specific to AWS.
For information about installation locations and environments, see Install the Splunk Add-on for AWS.
Installation and configuration overview for the Splunk Add-on for AWS
Sizing, performance, and cost considerations for the Splunk Add-on for AWS
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released