Upgrade the Splunk Add-on for AWS
Upgrade to the latest version of the Splunk Add-on for Amazon Web Services (AWS). Upgrades to version 5.2.0 are possible only from version 5.0.3 or higher. For upgrading the Splunk Add-on for AWS on Splunk Cloud deployments, contact your Splunk Cloud administrator.
Starting in version 5.0.1 of the Splunk Add-on for AWS, Python 2 support is removed, and only Python 3 is supported.
- Verify that you are running version 8.0.0 or later of the Splunk platform.
- (Optional) Plan your Splunk Enterprise upgrade to work with the Python 3 migration.
- Disable all running inputs.
- Delete the pycache directory found in
- Upgrade to version 5.0.3 of the Splunk Add-on for AWS, if you have not done so already.
- Download version 5.2.0 of the Splunk Add-on for AWS from Splunkbase.
- Install the latest version of the Splunk Add-on for AWS.
- Restart your Splunk platform deployment.
- Visit http://<url or host_ip>:<web_port>/<locale_string>/_bump and click on the "Bump Version" button to apply upgraded JS file changes.
- Click the Bump Version button to apply the upgraded
- Enable all inputs.
Install the Splunk Add-on for AWS in a distributed Splunk Enterprise deployment
Manage accounts for the Splunk Add-on for AWS
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released