Upgrade the Splunk Add-on for EMC VNX
Upgrade from 1.0.1 or 1.1.X to 1.2.0
There are no upgrade issues if you are upgrading from version 1.0.1, 1.1.0, or 1.1.1 to 1.2.0. You can update the add-on by checking for upgrades within Splunk Web or using the CLI.
Upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.2.0
If you have version 1.0.0 of the Splunk Add-on for EMC VNX currently installed and have not upgraded to version 1.0.1, note that version 1.1.1 will not update or replace your current installation. Because the file name and folder structure were updated in version 1.0.1 to match standard naming structure, the add-on behaves as a new installation, not an upgrade. Review your local app.conf, props.conf, and indexes.conf and make any appropriate changes.
To migrate from version 1.0.0 to 1.2.0:
- Download and install version 1.2.0 of the add-on.
- Disable version 1.0.0 in Splunk Enterprise.
- Enable version 1.2.0 of the add-on.
- Create and adjust your local conf files as needed to match your old configurations.
- Verify your configurations work as expected.
- Delete version 1.0.0 of the add-on.
Install the Splunk Add-on for EMC VNX
Configure the modular input for the Splunk Add-on for EMC VNX
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released
Feedback submitted, thanks!