Upgrade the Data Stream Processor
If the Splunk Data Stream Processor was previously installed and configured, do the following to upgrade your software.
- Download the new Data Stream Processor tarball on the master node of your cluster.
- Extract the tarball.
tar xf <dsp-version>.tar
- Navigate to the extracted file.
- (Optional) If your environment has a small root volume (6GB or less of free space) in
/tmp, your upgrade may fail when you run out of space. Choose a different directory to write temporary files to during the upgrade process.
- From the extracted file directory, run the upgrade script.
- Upgrading can take a while. Upon completion, the following message is shown.
Waiting for DSP to startup .................... DSP startup completed
- (Optional) While waiting for the upgrade to complete, you can use the following command to monitor the progress of your upgrade. Run this command after you see the
Waiting for DSP to startupmessage.
kubectl get pods -n dspWhen the following services have status
RUNNING, then the upgrade is complete:
Configure connections to external services
About the DSP Dashboards
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Data Stream Processor: 1.0.1