Deserialize and preview data from Microsoft Azure Event Hubs in DSP
When you create a data pipeline in the to ingest data from Microsoft Azure Event Hubs using the Microsoft Azure Event Hubs source function, the ingested data is encoded as bytes. To view the data as human-readable strings during data preview, you must deserialize the data.
To ingest data from Azure Event Hubs into a DSP pipeline, you must have a connection to an event hub. See Create a DSP connection to Microsoft Azure Event Hubs.
- From the home page, click Build Pipeline and then select Microsoft Azure Event Hubs as your data source.
- Configure the Microsoft Azure Event Hubs source function to use your Azure Event Hubs connection and get data from your event hub. See Get data from Microsoft Azure Event Hubs in the Function Reference manual.
- On the pipeline canvas, click the + icon next to the Microsoft Azure Event Hubs function and then select Eval from the function picker.
- On the View Configurations tab, enter the following SPL2 expression in the function field:
body = deserialize_json_object(body)
- Click Start Preview and click the Eval function on the pipeline canvas to confirm that the data in the
bodyfield has been deserialized from bytes into strings.
- (Optional) Click Stop Preview and continue building your pipeline by adding new functions to it.
Create a DSP connection to Microsoft Azure Event Hubs
Connecting Microsoft Azure Monitor to your DSP pipeline
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Data Stream Processor: 1.2.0, 1.2.1-patch02, 1.2.1, 1.2.2-patch02, 1.2.4, 1.2.5
Feedback submitted, thanks!