Clone an existing app
You can also create a new app by cloning an existing app. When you clone an app, you rename it, copy its assets, and save the app as a draft. Cloning an existing app creates a new, unique copy of the existing app and does not modify the original app that you cloned.
Cloning permissions depend on the type of app:
- Apps that were not created through the App Editor, including apps downloaded from Splunkbase: Can be cloned or viewed in the editor, but cannot be edited. Cloned apps have their own unique app identifier.
- Apps that are pre-installed with cannot be cloned, viewed, or edited.
To clone an app, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the Main Menu.
- Select Apps.
- From the Configured Apps tab, locate the app you want to clone.
- Select the clone button - it looks like a copy button with two squares .
- (Conditional) If the app has assets that you want to copy, select which assets to copy.
- Enter a new name for the App.
- Select Copy.
After cloning, a new copy of the app is saved in the Draft Apps tab. The following items are saved:
- Version number
- Configuration details
- All app files
Create an app with the App Wizard
Publish an app draft
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® SOAR (Cloud): current
Feedback submitted, thanks!