Download and export dashboard content for sharing
Download a dashboard to analyze, save, and share with other people. In View mode, navigate to the Actions dropdown list and select an operation such as download, clone, export, or delete.
Download a dashboard
You can download a dashboard as a PDF or PNG in View mode by clicking the Actions dropdown in the menu bar and selecting a format. A dashboard downloaded in either format displays the entire dashboard as one image.
Export a visualization
You can export a PNG image of a visualization in your dashboard for a quick snapshot. Additionally, you can export the data results of any visualization to a CSV for a shareable compact file format.
- Hover over a visualization until an icon menu appears at the bottom of the visualization. This menu is the visualization's action panel.
- Select the arrow icon to activate the exporting modal.
- Give your file an identifying name in the File name field.
- Select a type from the File type dropdown.
- Select Export.
- Your download does not render or only partially renders.
- Make sure your searches have finished. If you try to download a dashboard while searches are still running, you'll see a confirmation message. If you continue to download the dashboard, it might not render completely.
- Visualizations that depend on real-time searches will result in the same confirmation message as those searches that are still running. These visualizations will render depending on the search results at the time the dashboard is downloaded.
- Visualization panels are empty.
- Any visualizations that depend on data sources that return no data will appear empty.
- Images that come from an external URL will not render. To ensure these images render, save them to a local directory and upload them to your dashboard.
Set global and local defaults
View dashboards on a mobile device
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud Platform™: 9.0.2303, 9.1.2308