View dashboards on a mobile device
View and share dashboards on a mobile device for quick access to data analysis without searching through a list of dashboards. Web-to-mobile sharing takes you straight to the dashboard you want to view on your mobile device.
Some functionalities, such as drilldowns and custom code, are not supported in mobile dashboards.
Web-to-mobile sharing relies on the following:
- Download the Splunk Mobile app
- For more information about the Spunk Mobile app, see How to set up a Splunk Mobile app in Splunk Lantern.
- Activate the Splunk Secure Gateway (SSG) app
- The SSG app comes default enabled with the Splunk platform.
- For more about the SSG app, see About Splunk Secure Gateway in the Administer Splunk Secure Gateway manual.
- Enable JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- For more details, see Enable token authentication for a Splunk Platform instance in the Securing Splunk Cloud Platform manual.
View dashboards on a mobile device with the following steps:
- Open a dashboard in View mode
- Select the Actions dropdown at the top of the dashboard
- Select View on Mobile
- Scan the QR code
- If you haven't downloaded the Splunk Mobile app, your mobile device will prompt you through the process. After downloading the Splunk Mobile app, you'll need to scan the QR code again.
The SSG registration has a timeout defaulted to five minutes (300 sec). You can change the timeout in the
deep_link_registration_timeout_secs setting of the SSG .conf file .
Download and export dashboard content for sharing
Dynamic options in Dashboard Studio
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud Platform™: 9.0.2209, 9.0.2303, 9.0.2305 (latest FedRAMP release), 9.1.2308