Remotely collaborate with other Splunk AR users
Using Splunk AR version 3.0.0 or higher, you can view and interact with augmented reality workspaces with other Splunk AR users wherever you are.
You can host a 3D remote collaboration session to share the environment you're in and the AR workspace that you're viewing. Splunk AR uses Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) technology to overlay a digital mesh on your environment and then shares it with other Splunk AR collaborators as a 3D scene on their device.
While collaborating and sharing your environment, both the host and participants can view and interact with the AR workspace. The participants and host can also use a laser pointer feature to point at the environment and share what they're focused on.
Splunk AR remote collaboration does not support audio sharing. You can share audio by simultaneously speaking to each other on a phone call or by using a third-party communications application.
Requirements and prerequisites
The following are hardware requirements and prerequisites for using the Splunk AR Remote Collaboration feature.
If you're hosting a Remote Collaboration session, you must be using a LiDAR capable iOS device, such as a 4th generation iPad Pro. LiDAR technology allows you to scan and capture a 3D scan of your environment so you can share it with your participants.
If you're a participant at a Remote Collaboration session, you don't need a LiDAR capable iOS device.
Complete the following prerequisites:
- Use the Splunk AR mobile app version 3.0.0 or higher. See Download Splunk AR.
- Get Splunk Secure Gateway.
- Install the Splunk App for AR.
- Both the host and participants have registered their mobile devices to a the same Splunk platform instance that has Splunk Secure Gateway and the Splunk App for AR installed.
- Have access to an AR workspace and permission to view the data its associated with. See Configure Splunk AR roles and permissions.
Host a Remote Collaboration session
If you're using a LiDAR capable iOS device, you can host a remote collaboration session.
- Scan an asset tag, text, or logo to view an AR workspace.
- Tap the people icon.
- Tap Share Environment. Splunk AR overlays a mesh over your environment in your device camera view.
If it's your first time using Remote Collaboration to share your environment, Splunk AR displays an in-app tutorial.
- Tap Invite.
- Share the link with the Splunk AR users you want to invite to your remote collaboration session.
- Tap Start Sharing to begin sharing your environment.
To update your participants' view of the environment, tap Update 3D Scene.
Remove a participant from your Remote Collaboration session
You must be the host of a Remote Collaboration session to remove a participant. To remove a participant from your session, complete the following steps:
- Tap the people icon.
- Tap the minus icon next to the participant you want to remove.
Participate in a Remote Collaboration session
- On your mobile device, tap the link shared with you by the session host. The host's environment loads as a mesh layer on your device.
- Press and hold to move the environment, and pinch to scale the mesh to your own environment.
- After you adjust the environment to your screen, tap Confirm Placement. The image textures of the host's environment loads on your device.
Use the laser pointer
While in a Remote Collaboration session, tap the laser pointer icon to turn it on. A red circle appears on your screen, outlining what you're pointing to.
Expand visualizations, media, and notes in Splunk AR
Screenshot or Screen Record Splunk AR
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® AR for iOS: 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.1.0, 3.1.1, 3.2.0, 3.2.1