Create a DSP connection to Google Cloud Pub/Sub
To get messages from a Google Cloud Pub/Sub topic into a data pipeline in the , you must first create a connection using the Connector for Google Cloud Pub/Sub. You can then use the connection in the Google Cloud Pub/Sub source function to get data from a Pub/Sub topic into a pipeline.
Before you can create the Google Cloud Pub/Sub connection, you must have the following:
- A Google Cloud service account with the following permissions:
If the "Pub/Sub Editor" role is assigned to your account, then your account already has all these permissions.
- A JSON file containing the credentials of your Google Cloud service account.
If you don't have the required permissions or the credentials file, ask your Google Cloud Platform administrator for assistance. For information about managing permissions and roles, search for "Access control" in the Google Cloud Pub/Sub documentation. For information about creating the credentials file, search for "Creating service account keys" in the Google Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) documentation.
- In DSP, select the Connections page.
- On the Connections page, click Create Connection.
- On the Source tab, select Connector for Google Cloud Pub/Sub and then click Next.
- Complete the following fields:
Field Description Connection Name A unique name for your Google Cloud Pub/Sub connection. Description (Optional) A description of your connection. Service Account Credentials JSON The JSON file containing the credentials of your Google Cloud service account.
Any credentials that you upload are transmitted securely by HTTPS, encrypted, and securely stored in a secrets manager.
- Click Save.
If you're editing a connection that's being used by an active pipeline, you must reactivate that pipeline after making your changes. When you reactivate a pipeline, you must select where you want to resume data ingestion. See Using activation checkpoints to activate your pipeline in the Use the Data Stream Processor manual for more information.
You can now use your connection in a Google Cloud Pub/Sub source function at the start of your data pipeline to get messages from a Pub/Sub topic.
- For instructions on how to build a data pipeline, see the Building a pipeline chapter in the Use the Data Stream Processor manual.
- For information about the source function, see Get data from Google Cloud Pub/Sub in the Function Reference manual.
- For information about converting the payload of a Pub/Sub record from bytes to a more commonly supported data type such as string, see Deserialize and preview data from Google Cloud Pub/Sub in DSP.
Connecting Google Cloud Pub/Sub to your DSP pipeline
Deserialize and preview data from Google Cloud Pub/Sub in DSP
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Data Stream Processor: 1.3.0, 1.3.1