Connecting Splunk Observability to your DSP pipeline
When creating a data pipeline in the , you can connect to Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring or Splunk APM and use it as a data destination. You can get data into a data pipeline, transform it, and then send the transformed data to a Splunk Observability endpoint. The data that you send to Splunk Observability must either be formatted according to the Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring metrics schema or be in Zipkin format.
To connect to Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring or Splunk APM as a data destination, you must complete the following tasks:
- Create a connection that allows DSP to send data to your Splunk Observability endpoint. See Create a DSP connection to Splunk Observability.
- Create a pipeline that ends with one of these sink functions:
- The Send to Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring sink function for sending data that is compatible with the Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring metrics schema. See Formatting data into the Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring metrics schema for more information about the schema requirements.
- The Send to Splunk APM sink function for sending data that uses the Zipkin format. See the Zipkin Data Model documentation for more information about this format.
See the Building a pipeline chapter in the Use the Data Stream Processor manual for instructions on how to build a data pipeline.
- Configure the sink function to use your Splunk Observability connection and send data to your endpoint. See Send data to Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring or Send data to Splunk APM in the Function Reference manual.
When you activate the pipeline, the sink function starts sending data from the pipeline to the specified endpoint.
Performance expectations for sending data from DSP pipelines to Splunk Enterprise
Create a DSP connection to Splunk Observability
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Data Stream Processor: 1.2.1, 1.2.2-patch02, 1.2.4, 1.2.5, 1.3.0, 1.3.1