About the Splunk App for VMware
The Splunk App for VMware provides real-time visibility into the health of virtual environments. It leverages the Splunk platform to collect metrics, logs, tasks, events, and topology from hosts, virtual machines, and virtual centers. It identifies performance and capacity bottlenecks from the following sources:
- Storage for data stores, such as SAN or NAS
- Network devices providing the networking backbone of the virtualization environment
- Authentication logs from sources such as Active Directory, LDAP, and so on
- DNS, DHCP, BootP logs
- Operating system and application logs from virtual machines
Supported VMware operating environments
Use the table to identify which operating environment works with each Splunk platform component within the Splunk app for VMware.
|Component||Linux Supported||Windows Supported|
|Forwarder (Universal, Heavy, Light)||X||X|
Download the Splunk App for VMware
- Download the Splunk App for VMware package from Splunkbase and accept the license agreement.
- Confirm the contents of the download package,
Create vCenter user accounts
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for VMware (Legacy): 4.0.4