Set Splunk App for VMware trial license to work with remote license master
If you install Splunk App for VMware in an environment that utilizes a remote server to manage your Splunk Enterprise license, you must set the app's trial license to work with remote license master.
1. If you have not already done so, add a valid Splunk Enterprise license on the remote server that is acting as the license master. Refer to the Install a License topic for details.
2. On the local search head, navigate to Settings > Licensing, then click Change to slave to instruct the search head to point it to the remote server that is your license master. Refer to the Configure a slave license topic for details.
3. On the local search head, download and install Splunk App for VMware. Refer to the Download and install Splunk App for VMware topic for details.
4. Configure the app by following the steps in the App configuration wizard, then click Start Scheduler. For more information on how to configure a basic installation of the app, follow all the steps in the Install and deploy Splunk App for VMware chapter in the Installation Guide.
5. In Splunk App for VMWare, navigate to Settings > App License Status, then click Fix.
6. Enter your administrator credentials for your remote license master, then click Apply Demo License.
7. In the app, confirm that the App License Status indicates that the license is valid. It indicates an infinite number of days left but this is a known issue(SOLNVMW-3874). The actual number of days left in the trial license is 60.
8. Access the remote server that is acting as your license master. Navigate to Settings > Licensing to view the now valid App VMWare Download Trial license. It indicates approximately 60 days of validity but this is a known issue. The actual number of days left in the trial license is 60.
Upgrade from tsidx namespaces to data model acceleration
Upgrade to Splunk App for VMware 4.0.2 from 3.4.7
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for VMware (Legacy): 4.0.4