Assign user roles for Splunk App for VMware
Splunk App for VMware creates roles called
splunk_vmware_admin within the Splunk platform. Assign these roles to existing users or groups of users to grant them access to the Splunk App for VMware and the Splunk Add-on for VMware. Make sure that you add these roles to the
admin user of your Splunk platform instance.
- Log in to Splunk Web on the search head using the IP address and port number of the search head: https://<ipaddress>:8000/. Use https (not http) to access the dashboards.
- From the Apps menu, select Splunk App for VMware.
- Provide admin_all_objects capability to the splunk_vmware_admin role. Go to the Settings > Access controls > Roles > splunk_vmware_admin and add admin_all_objects capability and click Save.
- Accept the default settings, and click Save.
- To assign user roles for the Splunk App for VMware and the Splunk Add-on for VMware, select Settings > Access controls > Users.
- Assign both the
splunk_vmware_userroles to the
adminuser of your Splunk Enterprise instance. Users with the administrator role can configure data collection or thresholds for Splunk App for VMware.
- Assign the
splunk_vmware_userrole to each user or user group that requires access Splunk App for VMware.
Deploy the Splunk OVA for VMware to create a Data Collection Node
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for VMware (Legacy): 4.0.4