Enable users on Splunk Intelligence Management using Ping Identity
Install and configure the Ping Identity app that provides single sign-on (SSO) access to the Splunk Intelligence Management web app. The Ping Identify app uses the SAML 2.0 standard to enable SSO. For more information on SAML, see Okta's SAML documentation.
Ping SSO does not impact or change API credentials. Usage of Python SDK or any other vendor integrations remain unimpacted when you switch a user from non SSO to SSO-enabled login credentials.
When using the Ping Identity app for SSO, Ping is the identity provider (IDP) and Splunk Intelligence Management app is the service provider (SP).
You must be a Ping Identity administrator to complete these steps.
Follow these steps to configure Splunk Intelligence Management web app with Ping:
- Install the Splunk Intelligence Management app for PingOne.
- Enable Ping single sign on in Splunk Intelligence Management web app.
Install the Splunk Intelligence Management App in PingOne
Perform the following steps to install the Splunk Intelligence Management app in PingOne:
- In Ping, search for Splunk Intelligence Management in the Search bar.
- When you have located the Splunk Intelligence Management app, click Add.
- Click the Applications tab to see the Splunk Intelligence Management app listed under My Applications.
- Click Add Application to display a dropdown menu and select New SAML Application.
- Edit the fields in the dialog box as shown in the following table:
Field Value Application Name Splunk Intelligence Management Application Description Splunk Intelligence Management web app Category Information Technology
- (optional) Click the Application icon.
- Click Continue to Next Step to display a configuration dialog box.
- Click I have the SAML configuration.
- Edit the fields as shown in the following table:
Field Value Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) https://station.trustar.co/saml/SSO Entity ID https://station.trustar.co/saml/metadata Application URL https://station.trustar.co
- Click Continue to Next Step.
- Click Continue to Next Step.
- Click Download to download the SAML metadata file.
- Contact Splunk Intelligence Management Support to request activation. Include the following information in the email:
- Subject line format: <Your company name> - Ping metadata. For example: ABC Co - Ping metadata
- Body of email: Enter text requesting activation and attach the downloaded metadata file to the email.
Splunk intelligence Management enables your Ping SSO configuration within two weeks. After receiving a confirmation, you can enable users in Ping.
Enable Ping single sign on in Splunk Intelligence Management web app
Users must have an account with the Splunk Intelligence Management web app before you can enable SSO for the users.
Perform the following steps to enable SSO for each user:
- Log in to the Splunk Intelligence Management web app using a company administrator account.
- On the User Account Management page, enter the link
https://station.trustar.co/settings/usersto your browser, or click User Settings in the navigation bar and select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- For each user that you want to enable, click Edit.
- Click SSO Enabled.
- Click Save User.
Repeat the steps for each user in your company that you want to enable with Ping SSO. After completing the configuration steps, verify that all users can click a link on their Ping hub at the bottom of the Splunk Intelligence Management section that says "Click the link to open the Single Sign-On page".
Enable users on Splunk intelligence Management using Okta
Enable users on Splunk Intelligence Management using Salesforce
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Intelligence Management (Legacy): current