Enable users on Splunk Intelligence Management using Salesforce
Configure Salesforce to provide single sign-on (SSO) access when connecting to the Splunk Intelligence Management web app.
Follow these steps to configure Splunk Intelligence Management web app with Salesforce:
Perform the following steps to configure Salesforce:
- Configure Salesforce as an identity provider. For more information, see Salesforce as an Identity Provider in the Salesforce documentation.
- Set up the application fields as shown in the following table:
For additional information on integrating service providers, see Integrate Service Providers as Connected Apps with SAML 2.0 in the Salesforce documentation.
Field Value Entity ID https://station.trustar.co/saml/metadata ACS URL https://station.trustar.co/saml/SSO Subject Type Federated email (or the field which stores the user email registered on Splunk Intelligence Management Station) Name ID Format
- Obtain the SAML XML File.
- Contact Splunk Intelligence Management Support to request activation. Include the following information in the email:
- Subject line format: <Your company name> - Salesforce metadata. For example: ABC Co - Salesforce metadata
- Attachment: SAML XML File
Splunk Intelligence Management enables your Salesforce SSO configuration within two weeks after Splunk Intelligence Management receives the email. After you receive a confirmation, you can enable users in Salesforce.
Enable Salesforce single sign on in Splunk Intelligence Management web app
Perform the following steps to configure the Splunk Intelligence Management web app:
- Log in to the Splunk Intelligence Management web app using a company administrator account.
- On the User Account Management page, enter the link
https://station.trustar.co/settings/usersin your browser, or click User Settings in the Navigation Bar and select Settings in the dropdown menu.
- For each user that you want to enable, click Edit.
- Click SSO Enabled.
- Click Save User.
Repeat the steps for each user in your company that you want to enable with Salesforce SSO.
Enable users on Splunk Intelligence Management using Ping Identity
View intelligence reports in Splunk Intelligence Management
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Intelligence Management (Legacy): current
Feedback submitted, thanks!