Plan the upgrade
This topic assumes familiarity with the Splunk App for PCI Compliance and administrative knowledge of the Splunk platform.
Minimum requirements for upgrade
Before beginning the upgrade process, see "Known Issues" and "What's New" in the Release Notes to understand the new features and functionality. Also see the "minimum recommended hardware requirements" in this manual.
Planning the upgrade
The Splunk App for PCI Compliance upgrade process assumes the following:
- You have an installation of PCI Compliance 2.0 and the required add-ons on a dedicated search head or single-instance Splunk environment
- You are running Splunk Enterprise 6.0.1 or later on a supported Linux or Windows system
- The Sideview Utilities app is installed
Note: The PCI Compliance Install App does not upgrade components such as technology add-ons in a distributed deployment.
Note the following items for review after the PCI app upgrade is complete:
- Updating any custom lookups you might have created.
- Verifying or updating any source type conversion or aliasing.
- Configuring new reports and scorecards for PCI compliance that did not exist before upgrading.
Configure Incident Workflow
Notable changes in the Splunk App for *Nix
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for PCI Compliance: 2.1.1